Folklore is a team of investors, founders, and builders committed to supporting Australian and New Zealand tech founders. We’re a first cheque to forever investment firm, and we believe in the power of founder vision and the potential of teams, right from the start. Founded in 2013, we’ve proudly invested in companies like Auror (crime-fighting technology), HealthMatch (revolutionising clinical trials with AI), Swoop Aero (autonomous aeromedical drone logistics) and Arli (providing dedicated addiction support). This is a unique opportunity to join the firm in a highly impactful and rewarding position that will be paramount to the next chapter for Folklore.
About the role
We are looking for our first People & Culture hire to join the Folklore team as we enter the next stage of growth. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for key decisions relating to our most important asset, our people!
As Head of People & Culture, your mission is to lead Folklore’s people operations activities, including recruitment, employee engagement, culture enhancement and our employer brand. This role is for someone who is fanatical about getting the best out of teams and loves the mission of building a truly admired culture.
You will be an exceptional communicator with boundless empathy who thrives in a fast-moving environment. This is a chance to roll up your sleeves and build out our phenomenal team and culture. As the ‘go to’ leader when it comes to all things people, you will be able to support and enhance the team simultaneously.
Culture & People Programs
- Develop and deliver new cultural strategies that foster high engagement and enjoyment;
- Leverage data and feedback loops to continually improve our people programs, drive a growth culture, and ensure our team is engaged and thriving;
- Design, manage and implement ongoing programs including development, promotion and pay reviews;
- Coach the leaders and managers on people programs and leadership development;
- Work with the Chief of Staff and Partners to evolve organisational design (including reporting structures);
- Champion the company culture and values, and support the leadership team to align all new joiners to our mission, vision and values; and
- Manage ad-hoc HR matters with confidence and confidentiality.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Own our talent pipeline end-to-end to build a high performing, high impact team that aligns with our values;
- Contribute strategically to our people plan - mapping our future needs; and
- Build a strong foundation for future growth by evolving our employee onboarding journey, and staying observant and engaged with team members post-onboarding.
- You have a track record as a seasoned people leader - we aren’t focussed on the number of years, but the quality of your experience;
- You have experience across all major areas of HR including: end-to-end recruitment, designing employee compensation and/ benefits programs, career path development, and health & safety (added bonus if you have legal compliance experience related to employment in Australia and NZ);
- You’re passionate about creating a culture of continuous feedback and growth;
- You’re an excellent coach and partner, and understand how to work with and support team members at all levels;
- You have a positive attitude towards problem-solving - you’re energised by the prospect of partnering with key stakeholders to navigate challenges and drive initiatives forward; and
- You have a genuine interest in Venture Capital.
What you can expect from us
Each Folklore employee is considered an integral member of the team, taking on a range of internal and external aspects of the firm’s activities in order to facilitate optimal investment performance.
- Flexible working arrangements in exchange for a culture that is not ‘9 to 5’ in practice;
- Paid parental leave — 12 weeks for the primary carer and 4 weeks for a secondary carer, subject to a 12-month minimum tenure;
- An additional 1-week parental/personal leave per year; and
- An annual budget for your learning & self-development.
Our culture revolves around values that guide our decision-making and define who we are as a firm.
- We believe in long-range ambition;
- We believe diversity makes us whole;
- We believe in founder vision;
- We value the catalytic power of teams;
- We believe greatness is born from uncertainty; and
- We are eyes wide open, not fingers crossed.
Ready to apply?
Head to BeApplied to start your application. Applications close on 31 October 2021.