Folklore is a team of investors, founders, and builders committed to supporting Australian and New Zealand tech founders. We’re a first cheque to forever investment firm, and we believe in the power of founder vision and the potential of teams, right from the start. Founded in 2013, we’ve proudly invested in companies like Auror (crime-fighting technology), HealthMatch (revolutionising clinical trials with AI), Swoop Aero (autonomous aeromedical drone logistics) and Arli (providing dedicated addiction support), and we're currently closing our third fund. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in our next chapter.
About the role
Folklore is hiring a Team Assistant to work closely with the leaders and team to enhance all that we do. This is not a traditional assistant role. On the contrary, we see this as a critical operating position with a unique vantage point across the Partners’ diverse range of responsibilities, and an opportunity to become a strategic and trusted running mate to our team in our day-to-day ops.
With a range of responsibilities, no job will be too small and none too big. You will approach each task with the same positive and tenacious attitude and be a constant force propelling the Folklore team forward.
- Front line management: support our Partners and team day-to-day - and to do so effectively, you will reflect the values of our firm;
- Partner management: support Partners to gather and synthesise information to allow them to make informed decisions;
- Partner engagement: assist the Partner group to maintain focus on supporting our founders and their companies;
- Clean inboxes and clear minds: diary, email and contact management including scheduling meetings, managing communication and traffic controls;
- Office management: YES we have moved to a new office and you will be responsible for ensuring that the team thrives in our new home, and has what we all need;
- Entertaining (when we can do this again): working alongside the team to coordinate events (for our team and for external partners too); and
- Keeping the wheels turning: general firm admin to keep us moving in the right direction (whether it be assisting with onboarding, recruitment, service-provider agreements or general day-to-day tasks).
- You have experience in a similar Team Assistant or Executive Assistant role - we value quality of your experiences over years of experience;
- You’re proactive by default and quick to anticipate and respond to needs before they arise;
- You’re known to take scalable approaches to getting things done (i.e. the smart way, not the hard way);
- You’re extremely organised and sweat the details;
- You’re a trusted partner to the leadership team and comfortable handling confidential information;
- You’re a speedy learner, unafraid of navigating ambiguity, and highly adaptable in a fast-moving work environment;
- Big one for us: you’re a team player with a positive can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and high emotional intelligence; and
- You have a genuine interest in Venture Capital.
What you can expect from us
Each Folklore employee is considered an integral member of the team, taking on a range of internal and external aspects of the firm’s activities in order to facilitate optimal investment performance.
- Flexible working arrangements in exchange for a culture that is not ‘9 to 5’ in practice;
- Paid parental leave — 12 weeks for the primary carer and 4 weeks for a secondary carer, subject to a 12-month minimum tenure;
- An additional 1 week parental/personal leave per year; and
- An annual budget for your learning & self-development.
Our culture revolves around values that guide our decision-making and define who we are as a firm.
- We believe in long-range ambition;
- We believe diversity makes us whole;
- We believe in founder vision;
- We value the catalytic power of teams;
- We believe greatness is born from uncertainty; and
- We are eyes wide open, not fingers crossed.
Ready to apply?
Head to BeApplied to start your application. Applications close on 31 October 2021.