Tempus is an Australian venture capital firm investing in the next generation of ‘impossible’ technology companies. Founded in 2013, we have proudly invested in companies like Auror, HealthMatch and Swoop Aero , and we have recently raised our third fund.
Tempus is made up of a diverse team of investors, founders and operators, and we are bringing on a Growth Operations Manager to build out Tempus’s reach within the Australian ecosystem. This is not just a strategy role — this is an opportunity to get in the weeds, execute on your ideas, make an impact, and facilitate great outcomes for our growing family of founders, investors, friends, and ANZ more broadly.
The Growth Ops Manager is a cross-functional role that will expand the firm’s surface area by creating programs and flywheels to connect Tempus with founders and the broader community. And as a role, this is more about product management and less community management.
Your mission is to take a product-based mindset to our brand and engagement channels, establish initiatives that positively impact the startup ecosystem, and connect Tempus with the greatest founders and operating talent, even if they are yet to start their journey. You’ll closely collaborate with the Partners and will have the opportunity to build out the team and functions of the firm.
You’ll be working on:
- A multi-channel growth strategy which incorporates the evolution of our brand, programs, and communications;
- Developing positive feedback loops and activities that make a real impact on the startup ecosystem and society more broadly;
- Creating scalable programs to support our founders, and enable us to uncover the very best (and future) founder and operating talent across Australia/NZ;
- Taking a creative, structured, and self-reflective approach to converting your initial hypotheses and insights into action using a product mindset;
- Be a ‘voice’ of Tempus, working with the team to harness our internal vision and mission, and communicating this with the world across various channels.
On day one, we’d love you to:
- Have empathy: you’re genuinely fascinated by what motivates and engages founders, this is your guiding light for building channels of engagement;
- Be self-starting: you can drive projects from inception, to analysis, and to delivery;
- Have strong systems thinking: You’re comfortable with information synthesis and you’re fantastic at creating, optimising, monitoring and implementing processes; and
- Bonus: have a history of designing and delivering great (and scalable!) growth programs and customer experiences at high growth tech companies.
- A demonstrated passion for Australian/NZ start-ups and the start-up ecosystem;
- Experience in the development and leadership of effective marketing that enhances your company brand and broader community engagement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to foster alignment and urgency;
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to distill and communicate key takeaways quickly;
- A proven track record of creating programs, products, or customer experiences in highly agile environments;
- A mountain of hustle;
- Background in growth ops and/or consulting is a plus.
What you can expect from us
Each Tempus employee is considered an integral member of the team, taking on a range of internal and external aspects of the firm’s activities in order to facilitate optimal investment performance.
- Flexible working arrangements in exchange for a culture that is not ‘9 to 5’ in practice;
- Paid parental leave — 12 weeks for the primary carer and 4 weeks for a secondary carer, subject to a 12-month minimum tenure;
- Additional 1 week parental/personal leave per year;
- Annual budget dedicated to your learning & development.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please click on this link to fill out a brief questionnaire that will allow us to get to know you a little better. We will follow up with every applicant, but due to the volume of applications, we’ll only be able to meet with those candidates who most closely match our requirements.