Tempus Partners is a leading Australian venture capital firm investing in exceptional founders, creating legendary tech companies. As a firm, we are passionate about big missions and big ambition—we believe in backing the ‘impossible’ and the great success stories of the future. Founded in 2013, we have raised two funds and have proudly invested in 17 companies including Freelancer (world’s largest freelancing marketplace), Auror (crime-fighting technology), and HealthMatch (revolutionising clinical trials with AI).
Tempus is hiring an Investment Associate to help discover the next generation of ‘impossible’.
About the role
The Investment Associate role is an opportunity to be a part of the Tempus team, and our journey into the future as we grow. As a member of the investment team you’ll see more than 600 companies a year and be a critical decision maker in the investment process, participating in pipeline management, investment analysis, research, investment decision making, and supporting our companies. You’ll also be involved in ongoing founder mentoring, participate in community activities, and engage at a board level with our investee companies.
- Work with hundreds of startups and engage with founders to evaluate investment eligibility according to our investment criteria
- Participate in events and nurture relationships within the startup and venture ecosystem; and contribute to Tempus external comms (e.g. website, social media, PR)
- Prepare overviews on new investments, and collaborate with the team when evaluating opportunities and building investment theses
- Shepherd the internal investment process (e.g. document tracking, administration and governance)
- Assist with investment execution, including with due diligence (e.g. market analysis, product testing, financial analysis/modelling, managing due diligence advisors) and finalising investment documentation
- Contribute to investment decisions and enhance internal processes that guide our decision-making
- Oversee pipeline management, weekly investment meetings and portfolio reporting
- Act as a point of contact for portfolio companies and monitor portfolio company performance
- Identify and report portfolio company issues to the Investment Manager
- Provide ongoing mentoring to founders and startups
- Assist Partners with periodic compliance, fund administration and reporting processes, as well as compiling periodic investor updates and reporting
Great! Here’s what we’re after:
- You can demonstrate a passion for early stage companies, technology, investment and the Australia venture ecosystem.
- You’ve got one (or more) of an investment, consulting, company founder, or startup operations background.
- You have plenty of intellectual curiosity. You aren’t shy about asking probing questions and can systematically solve complex problems.
- You have strong financial modelling and financial literacy skills, and get a kick out of identifying insight through analysis.
- You’re a self-starter, comfortable working autonomously, and relish a fast-paced environment.
Our culture revolves around values that guide our decision-making, and define who we are as a firm. We believe:
1. In the enduring legacy of great founders and great missions;
2. Success as a collective, not as individuals;
3. In the long run, right beats hype;
4. Change never stops, and neither do we.
Ready to apply?
If you have a passion for investment and startups we want to meet you. Please click on this link to fill out a brief questionnaire that will allow us to get to know how you’re thinking about startups and investment. We will follow up with every applicant, but due to the volume of applications, we’ll only be able to meet with those candidates who most closely match our requirements.